Senior Field Technical Specialist
Eyenuk, Inc. (www.eyenuk.com) is a global artificial intelligence (AI) medical technology company. Eyenuk is on a mission to screen every eye in the world to ensure timely diagnosis of life- and vision-threatening diseases, including diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, stroke risk, cardiovascular risk and Alzheimer’s disease.
Eyenuk’s EyeArt® AI technology for automated diabetic retinopathy testing is the most validated healthcare AI technology to-date and is FDA cleared and Medicare reimbursed. The EyeArt technology has been tested on 500,000+ patients on five continents, and Eyenuk’s collaboration with the Armenian EyeCare Project was recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Diabetes Foundation (WDF).
Since EyeArt secured FDA clearance and Medicare reimbursement, Eyenuk achieved significant business growth. Business highlights in 2021 include:
- Sales and business development efforts yielded strong growth momentum. Q1-Q3 revenue in 2021 grew 600+% vs. 2020 revenue from the same period.
- Eyenuk signed a commercial collaboration agreement with a global pharmaceutical company and execution planning has begun.
- Company recently closed $6.2 million financing round, led by AXA Investment Managers.
By working closely with Eyenuk’s customer-facing functions and end users, the Senior Field Technical Specialist will be responsible for product installation/maintenance, user training and sales support. The position will initially report to the President & CCO, and will eventually report to Eyenuk’s customer success leader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install new fundus cameras and configure associated software components
- Partner with customer IT personnel to ensure proper network connectivity from camera/PC to Internet
- Respond to customer requests for camera/PC/software technical support
- Perform basic fundus camera troubleshooting and coordinate with camera manufacturer for service/repair
- Partner with Eyenuk in-house engineering team for software activation and technical troubleshooting
Training and sales support responsibilities
- Upon sales confirmation, coordinate installation/training schedule and associated travel
- Organize/package products for shipment to customer locations, and coordinate with suppliers and shipping vendors regarding shipment logistics
- Train new clinical users for fundus camera and software usage (users include physician, physician staff, and distributors)
- Monitor existing clinical user skills and identify user improvement needs. Develop and execute tailored clinical training plan for each clinical user in assigned accounts
- Support sales activities by performing product demo and highlight functionality of fundus camera and EyeArt software
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation
- Stock options
- Benefits covering medical/dental/vision
- Northeast U.S. (preferably PA, DE, MD, VA, NY, NJ)
Contact: Frank Cheng (President/CCO, Eyenuk, Inc.)
- Must have extensive experience with ophthalmic imaging equipment (especially fundus cameras) and retinal imaging experience, ideally with at least 3-year clinical experience in ophthalmic environment as an Ophthalmic Photographer, Technician or Clinician
- Must have COA/COT certification, or proof of working towards certification
- Must have strong skills related to computers and IT connectivity, and demonstrated hands-on experience with hardware installation and software/IT configuration
- Must be able to work from 8am to 6pm U.S. Eastern time
- Must be willingness to travel up to 75% (by air, train or car). Have valid driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware & basic Windows software applications
- Strong verbal and written skills; ability to use Microsoft Office for report writing (Word), quantitative analysis/reporting (Excel), and presentation (PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Organized and able to prioritize workload
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task
- Must be able to work within a team environment